We are proud to present our Tindiga Tented Camp: a beautiful and small traditional camp, ideally situated only 1,5 kilometers from the stunning Lake Eyasi. Tindiga Tented Camp is situated on a hill overlooking the shrubland of the Eyasi Ecosystem, with Mount Masumbuku in the west and the hills of the Ngorongoro area in the north, offering some beautiful views. This great landscape is home to the indigenous bushman, the Hadzabe, and the nomadic Datoga tribe. In fact this is the only place in Africa where you can go hunting with these Hadzabe, the last known tribe that lives by hunting and gathering honey and fruit.
The camp has 10 tented rooms with en-suite bathrooms, and can therefore offer a personalized service and quality. Because the camp is build with local building materials it blends in beautifully with the natural environment, and it is run with an eco-friendly approach; protecting and preserving the natural resources. The camps restaurant is built by Datoga women, reflecting their culture and lifestyle. Staying at Tindiga Tented Camp offers a unique and ultimate “Africa experience.”
Tindiga at a glance . . .
• 10 traditional-style canvas tents, with en-suite bathroom and private veranda
• Bathroom with shower, flush toilet, wash hand basin, soap, towels and bottled water
• Mosquito nets, mosquito coils, candles & matches
• Electrical lighting in tent and bathroom
• Fairytale set-up in the evenings: traditional hurricane lamps in the grounds, along the paths an tents
• Rustic dining room/restaurant built by local Datoga women
• Full & half board rates; lunch boxes available
• Complementary coffee and tea in the afternoon
• Fireplace with lounge area
• Activities: Go hunting with the Lake Eyasi Bushmen, visit their base and get to
know the unique Hadzabe culture and lifestyle, walking safaris to Lake Eyasi, Bird watching